Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Proved only 1 'Henderson' lived in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania

I read on various message boards that there was a Thomas Henderson living in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania in the 1700s before coming to Virginia....

I was curious if that was true... so I purchased a book : Lancaster County Pennsylvania : Land Records 1729-1750 and Land Warrants : 1710-1742

I looked up 'Henderson'

and there was no Thomas Henderson living there at that time period. In fact Thomas Henderson came over to Virginia but not by Pennsylvania..

One name shows up : John Henderson p.142 :

it reads : 6 Feb 1739 :  William Rogers and John Henderson 200A on which settlement was made about 13 years ago in Upper Octoraro .


I will do more research on this ...but for those who think that Thomas Henderson (the guy from Tennessee, the Hawkins County guy) 's father was from Penn... the truth is, he wasn't. He lived in Virginia, purchased land in 1738, etc. I will blog about this soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment