Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Richard Henderson vs Judge Richard Henderson - Tennessee-kentucky links.

Here is a thought:

Judge Richard Henderson, the famous Henderson who everyone with the Henderson surname wants to have links with.....
we know that he
- bought land in Kentucky and Tennessee (before they were called that! )

but there was something I was reading, a land deed from the late 1700s with Richard Henderson's name and I thought for the longest time that this Rich was THE Judge Richard... turns out it wasn't. Richard Henderson - Judge Richard Henderson that is, died in 1785 (1734–1785). the document I have is from 1797.

Also tax records, shows that THIS Richard and Thomas were related. I will guess brothers. So this is a new clue that most people have failed to check out. I will look more into this today and blog my findings later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment