Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Will of Thomas Henderson (1715 - 1768)

Louisa County, VirginiaWill Book E, pp. 27 - 28Writte n 22 January 1768, Probated 9 May 1768 Transcript of Last Will and Testament ofThomas Henderson Sr.
In the name of God Amen I Thomas Henderson of Louisa County saint Martins Parish Being weak & Sickly of Body, but of Sound & perfect Memory of mind yet Considering the Brevity of this Painfull & Transitory Life do this Twenty second day of January in the year of our Lord Christ one Thousand Seven Hundred & Sixty Eight Do Make Constitute & ordain this to be my Last will & Testament in manner & form following Imprimis} I most Humbly bequeath my soul to God my maker beseeching his Most Graceous Acceptance of it, this the all sufficient merits & Mediation of my most Compassionate Redeemer [---?---] [---?---] who gave himself to be an atonement for my sins. And is able to save the uttermost all that come unto God by him seeing he Ever liveth to make Intercessions for them, and Trust will not Reject me a Returning penitent Sinner when I come to him for Mercy, in this hope & confidence, I Render My soul with comfort humbly Beseeching the most Blessed & Glorious Trinity of God most holy Most Mercifull & Gracious to prepare me for the time of my [---?---] & then Take me to himself into that oeace & most incomparable felicity for all those that Love & Fear his name, amen blessed be God. Next I commit my Body to the Ground from whence it was taken in full assurance of its resurrection from thence at the Last Day and as to my Burial I desire it may be decent & at the Direction of my Dear Wife & Executors hereafter Mentioned. And as to my Estate both Real & Personal I depose of the [---?---] & form following. Item, I lend to my Dear Wife Elizabeth Henderson my whole Estate both Real & Personal During her being my widow not to be Interuped, but if she marrys I desire she may claim Nothing by My Will. Item I give unto my son Jno. Henderson half of my Land that I now live on after his Mothers Decease Containing by Estimation one Hundred & Twenty five Acres to him & his heirs forever. Item I give to my son David Henderson the other Half of my Land I now live on after his Mothers Decease containing by Estimation one Hundred & Twenty five Acres to him & his heirs forever & if Either of My sons Jno. Henderson or David Henderson Should disagree with regard to Choice of their Parts of Land after its Equally divided I will they or their survivor Draw lots for choice. Item, I give my Daughter Ann Henderson one Feather Bed & Furniture [---something here was stricken---] my Estate not mentioned after my wifes Decease or Intermarriage I will & desire it may be Equally Divided among all my Children or their Survivors (viz) William Henderson, Jno. Henderson, Thos. Henderson, David Henderson, Mary Siser, Elizabeth Kerr & Anne Henderson to them & Heirs forever. Item, I give to my Grandson Chas. Kerr thirty Shillings Cash after his Grandmothers Decease. Item, and Lastly I nominate & appoint my Sons Wm. Henderson & Jno. Henderson to be the Exors. of this my Last Will & Testament here by Revoking & Disent willing all Former or other Will or Wills Heretofore made by me & publish & Declare this to be my Last. As Witness my Hand & seal the Day and year first above written. Signed, Sealed published and Declared In presence of...
Michl. HendersonJohn BagbyJno. Anderson
Thos. [x] Henderson

No comments:

Post a Comment