Sunday, September 23, 2012

Thomas Henderson - Rockingham County - North Carolina- Will

Now I am going through the Wills in North Carolina. I wonder if I will see a George to see if I can find out his parents.. while I keep searching for his Will in Tennessee and MO.


In the name of God, Amen.  I Thomas Henderson of Rockingham County & State of North Carolina do make, ordain & declare this instrument to be my last will and testament revoking all others.  Impremis.  All my just debts are to be paid by my Executors hereafter to be named.
Item 1st.  My Executors are authorised and fully empowered to sell the lands I possess in the county of Rockingham or elsewhere and the money arrising from such sale to apply to the payment of my last debts.
Item 2nd. I lend the use of my negroes (to wit) Annette & Nancy with their increase to my daughter Jane Kindruh for and during her life and at her death it is my will and desire the said negroes with their increase be equally divided among her children as I consider this bequeath to be an equal proportion of my negroes, it is to be considered they are to have no part of the balance of my estate.
Item 3rd.  It is my will and desire that my son Alexander be paid the amount of his debt against me for money advanced for me for which he has my note of hand.  It is my will that he take such of my negroes as he may choose to satisfy his debt to be valued by any Executors or a majority of them after allowing a fair price for a negro boy Prince which is now in his possession.
Item 4th.  I give to my daughter Polly Lacy one negro girl named Lucy and her increase to her and her heirs forever, this gift to be considered as a part of her proportionable part of the negroes hereafter to be divided among my children.  Also I give my daughter Polly my silver coffee pott with the ______ therewith.
Item 5th.  It is my will and desire that my son Thomas be allowed in the devision of my negroes for his amount ag me say fifty five dollars, his half of old Martinsville, also for expenses in schooling my son Nathl and my daughter Fanny.
Item 6th.  It is my will that the balance of my negroes and their property which may remain after settling all my debts be aloted of my Executors in as equal lots as possible and divided among my children (to wit) Samuel, Alexander, Thomas, Nathaniel, and my daughter Polly Lacy, shear and shear alike.  It is to be considered that the negro given to my daughter Polly is to be taken into amount in her lot.
Lastly.  I appoint my sons Samuel Henderson, Alexander Henderson, Thomas Henderson and my nephew Thomas Searcy Executors of this my last will and testament.  In testimony whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal the 8th day of November 1821.
Thomas Henderson
Signed, sealed and published in presence of
John J. Wright
Maurice (x) Henderson
Thomas (x) Searcy  

p.s. we can knock out that this Thomas is George's father because his children were:

Samuel Henderson (c. 1779 - 1834; m. Mrs. Peggy Dinkin Roberts 10 Jun 1806)
Alexander Martin Henderson (1780 - 1843; m. Mary Wallace 21 Feb 1807)
Mary "Polly" Henderson (16 Jan 1785 - 4 Jul 1850; m. John Lacy 30 May 1803)
Thomas Henderson (25 Mar 1787 - 22 Jun 1836; m. Ann Fenner 29 May 1811)
Nathaniel Henderson (1793 -     ; m. Susan Searcy 6 Aug 1818*)
Jane Henderson (     - 31 Oct 1844; m. William Kindrick)
Frances "Fanny" Henderson (     - 25 Oct 1831; m. Andrew Springs Apr 1814)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment