Monday, September 24, 2012

William Henderson - Father or Son to George Henderson of Grainger, TN?

I found this online that could be useful for genealogy research. I am now focusing on William Henderson of Grainger, TN who died approx. 1807: (link)

Wm Henderson and Nancy of Mecklenburg, NC. 1. Wm Henderson Jr. 3
> sons and 5 daus in 1790 Does anyone know of this family? Dr. Thomas
> Henderson b. 1754 m. Mary BAldwin b. 1758--there is a Balwin listen in NJ.
> Cumberland Co. she b. 1758 who m. Joel Baldwin b. 1750 d. 1776 in NC.I
> believe these are also the ones in Lawrenace Co. Indiana. a. Issac
> Henderson son David M. Henderosn m. Lucinda b. 1788 b.John Henderosn b. 1780
> -1842 sheb.1774 d. 1830. It says the one in Tazewell is Thomas Jr. who is
> the Tn. Pioneer. his children are John William Henderson called William who
> m. Diana Coulter dau of John Coulter. I think 2 wife was Elizabeth Hardy
> and third wife Nancy Windham---this is the one who had trouble with Thomas
> Henderson and was in court a lot over the land and the children. Thomas
> wanted Thomas Jr. and Mary James to have the land. He lived in Claiborne Co.
> Tn. on Walden's Ridge maybe Stone Mountain on North side. We saw this and it
> is beautfull. I am pretty sure that Thomas Henderson of Henry Co. and
> Pittsylvania was in Hawkins Co. Tn.
Here is John Henderson and Sarah J.
> children 1. Nelson b. 16 Aug. 1864 Somerset, Bridgewater Twp. Hush Gardener
> b. in Scotland m. Mary Neilson 12 children youngest child Hugh m. Agnes
> Henderson 9 children was a twin son James H. Gardner m. Martha Abbot 6
> children son Lawrence C. grandfatgher--Samuel b. abt 1745 1. David C.o.l.
> Nov. 1767 Monmouth, Tennent Old, NJ. The one in NJ. is Elijah Baldwin in
> Cumberland NJ. 


 I believe they are related David Henderson put in by Smia #
> 713, # 728, #735, #751, #811 and dsawyer # 834, #699, # 691 and # 676 see
> here is smia Susanna Henderson b. 23 Apr. 1742 m. Searcy, Reuben d. 1831
> --this is with Lillian Etta---she gave me this about Reuben Searcy and some
> others. I also have Mary E. Henderosn b. 1855 m. George W. Ware by
> Smia---She was with Dooley or Cooley not sure which---I believe it was
> Cooley. Thomas had a bro James which I think is Robert Henderson's
> children. I have them listed with Richard Henderson b. 1675 m. Mrs. Richard
> b. 1672 Hanover relative of David Eaton Henderson. I also know there was an
> Eaton in Vi. I believe he was a Col. David Eaton. I have Amanda Dixon and
> Emma Dixon---Eleanor Lillian Dukes with John Dwyer in NY. Dixon or Hixon was
> with Cochran.


> I also have Thomas Henry D'Armond, Jacob Jake Davis, John Davis, and Alberta
> Day, Garrett Hendricks Deweese, Dickerson, Alvred Boothe Dixon
> Here is someone m. Elizabeth McFarlin 16 Mar. 1814 in Mecklenburg, NC. James
> H. Henderosn m. Cordeia A. L. Irwin on 25 May 1850 Mecklenburg Charlotte, NC.
> relative of Etta Smith, Archibald Erskine Henderson m. Alice Finley Johnston
> Dec. 23, 1877 Caswell, Yanceywille, NC. fa. Wm Farrar Henderson and Agnes
> Hare ---I have Dandridge, Tn. I believe they belong to Judge Leonard
> Henderson or are in the family of Judge Richard Henderson. This is the
> place---Charlotte, NC. where I found the Gen. Wm Hendersn and Elizabeth
> Baldridge marriage

1 comment:

  1. I have a Robert Henderson b. 1775 in Barnwell SC later moved to Davidson Tenn can not find siblings or parents of Robert did find children names of children have found patterns to seem like a possible relative at this time everything unfounded.

    ReplyDelete